Gladys studying art...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Glad Art is here Bloggers!

So I had to conform after seeing the class roster and realizing that  almost everyone in class was on wordpress or something else while I was being stubborn and trying to stick to tumblr! Lol! Anywho. I did post up on my tumblr yesterday about the lecture in class and I hope Glenn saw it so he knows that I’m not late with my post but actually just jumping ship! Hello Blogger and hello Art 100! Here’s my post from yesterday:

Monday, 01/24/2011
Wow! Before today I thought cave art was pretty simple stuff! Hearing about the Altamira and Lascaux caves definitely broadened my horizons!  First of all I don’t think I’ve ever heard of caves as deep as both with different sections and levels like the Hall of the Bulls and the Shaft in the Lascaux. I even found it intriguing that in the Shaft, there was a dense amount of carbon dioxide because of the lack of oxygen and when a visitor would come out of it, they would be covered in white powder. Imagine trying to make art in a space like that! I’m glad it was our relatives in the prehistoric time and not me! =]

2 comments:

  1. Yay Gladys!! What an awesome lookin blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenn! This is why i was picky! lol. Can't wait to modify it when I find time!

    ReplyDelete