Gladys studying art...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What is Art to me, NOW?

From the beginning of the semester until now, my perspective of art has been altered for the better. I also had a pretty good understanding of what art is, but that was only justified because it was only my view and opinion of what art is. At the beginning of the year I quickly learned that art is full of different opinions. There is no right or wrong in art and that's one of the most beautiful things about art. Art is about expression, and every piece holds the message or secret the artist is trying to convey. This semester has taught me that art is an actual process. It is a process of creation that expresses the creator's message or point. My eyes are now open to the art of new media and alternative media. I can now see art in everyday things and every where I go now. Art isn't just what's in a museum exhibit. Art is complicated and the beauty is withing the moment the artist is at work. No one but the artist can understand a piece fully and only during the finishing stages of a piece. Thanks to this class, I've put, "Go see a professional artist at work", on my bucket list. This class has also helped me developed the skill to venture out to exhibits and I will continue to do this for the rest of my life. It's very fulfilling to visit museums and each visit is different from the last. This class has also expanded the way I speak about art. Now I really try to analize pieces and I've become better opiniated about what I'm talking about. Another thing I will take away from this class is that it is okay to disagree!

No comments:

Post a Comment