Gladys studying art...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My ID in 3D

I took the non-traditional route to make my identity collage. It's sort of a collaboration of my past and future coming together. Although, the collage doesn't explain everything about me, it's a small peek into some of my best qualities as a person. As you can see at the bottom  of the collage, there are some framed pictures. These are few of my favorite paintings and drawings I did while growing up. I now used them as decoration and almost no one ever believes me when I say I made them myself. Right above them, there's an older version of  a digital camera from the 90s era. The camera itself shows my passion for photography and how I would love to become a professional photographer one day. The fact that I used a camera from the 90s and not one of my newer camera is just to show that I loved the 90s and I missed growing up in that decade. The basketball represents the athletic part of me. I've always been in sports in school growing up and even though its a thing from my past, I still exercise and try stay athletic.  The headphones on the basketball that are connected to the ipod stand for my undying love for music. I can not live with out music or those headphones! The trophies that are sprinkled around stand for the over-achiever in me. More specifically, the trophy next to the sunflower is my best actress award I won in high school for a play I did. I strategically placed it next to the flower because one day when I've blossomed into who I've been striving to be my entire life, I want to win a real Oscar for best actress. It will be sort of like coming full circle. Right behind that trophy and below the sunflower is my new skateboard. It is a representation of my bravery and fearlessness to try new things, learn and getter better at them. I placed one of my high heels onto my skateboard to show that not only am I a dare devil or tomboy, I'm also a lady and one that loves her style and fashion. On the left side of the collage is my electric bass guitar which I haven't quite learned to play very well yet, but once again it shows my passion for music and that it's paying off that I'm studying it. I plan on creating a demo album soon and by then I want to be able to drop my own bass lines onto my songs. On the right side of the collage, is a wooden statue of an African woman playing an instrument and singing. I was born in West Africa and so this statue is representation of my heritage and ties in with my musical aspirations. In the center of my collage is the holy bible. My faith is was gives me the perseverance to continue on my pathway to success and reaching my dreams. At the top of my collage is a picture of one of my idols, Marilyn Monroe. She exudes beauty and confidence and one day I hope to be at the same caliber that she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment